Nose and Sinus Congestion Explained
Here are some key facts about the main symptoms, including how to prevent getting ill, and how SUDAFED® can help you get back to your normal self.
It’s well-known that a blocked nose is often caused by having a cold or flu (which we all normally get between one to four times a year). If you’re suffering from a cold or flu, the following congestion symptoms tend to occur:
- The nose lining becomes inflamed and irritated
- This causes the nasal passages to become narrower and therefore more easily blocked up
- Excess mucus builds up in the nasal passages, making it more difficult to breathe
We have developed a range of products to fight congestion, from a simple blocked nose to sinus pressure and pain. For a cold or flu, we recommend trying a product that can relieve symptoms of nasal congestion as well as fever such as our Non-Drowsy SUDAPLUS® Tablets.
Colds and flu are hard to avoid altogether, as there are over 200 common cold viruses and many different strains of flu virus. However, following these simple lifestyle tips will reduce your chances of getting ill in the first place:
- Wrap up warm in cold weather
- Eat healthy foods to help you keep your immune system healthy
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep daily to help your body stay strong